With more influx of newbies in the crypto space, one common question on everyone lips is which is the best bitcoin wallet to store bitcoin. In this article, we would be looking at 10 Best Bitcoin wallet for iPhone all with its unique features.Looking for a Bitcoin Wallet for iPhone, then check our top 10 Best Bitcoin Wallet for ios,iPhone and iPad in 2018 with priority on strong security features Click To Tweet
If you are an experienced Bitcoin owner or are just getting into the cryptocurrency space, having a bitcoin wallet that is available on your iPhone is a must. While there are lots of available option to chose from, its advisable to make use of wallets developed by trustworthy companies and provides strong security feature. In no particular order, here are our 10 best bitcoin wallet for IOS device.
1. Edge Wallet (formerly Airbitz)
- Zero-knowledge & zero-access to user funds, keys, or transaction data by Airbitz or 3rd parties
- Integrated buy/sell from your linked account for US and Canada residents
- Pay using Bluetooth (BLE) without needing QR codes plus Login with TouchID
- Simple account creation using just a login & password (no printing of PDFs, writing down passphrases, or adding encryption settings)
- Automatic encrypted wallet backup to redundant peer-to-peer cloud servers
- One-Touch 2-Factor Authentication for the easiest-to-secure wallet in the world
- Multi-device synchronization across all mobile devices
- Hierarchical Deterministic wallets with changing addresses per transaction
- Daily spending limits (require password to spend above limit)
- PIN-requiring spending limits
- Import funds from WIF or Casascius private keys
- Decentralized server architecture. Wallets work even if Airbitz servers are down.
- BIP 70 Payment Protocol Support
- Open-source code. Available on http://github.com/Airbitz
2. Blockchain Wallet
Blockchain wallet is the world’s most popular and oldest cryptocurrency mobile wallet available in the market with over 24 million users and totaling more than 100million + transactions; it also operates in over 140 countries worldwide and carries out an average of 160,000 transactions daily making it the largest production blockchain platform in the world. Blockchain wallet is well regarded for its simplicity and ease to use providing services across a wide range of device including iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Let’s look at some of its features:
- Hierarchical deterministic address architecture
- Completely Open Source
- Server-side entropy for optimal anonymity
- Simplified backup and recovery with a 12-word backup phrase
- 20+ fiat currency options plus Dynamic fees
- 25+ languages
- Paper Wallet import
- Spending from watch-only addresses
- TOR blocking
- 2 -Factor Authentication
- QR code support
3. Bread ios Wallet
Bread(BRD) bitcoin wallet is easy to use and secure Bitcoin wallet suitable for both beginners and advanced users with a sleek UI designed with simplicity an usability in mind. Breadbitcoin wallet has been so simply designed practically anybody can use it. Let’s see some of the features that makes it unique:
- Get started in seconds! No registration or signups required
- Private keys are stored in a hardware-encrypted-on-device-key
- Only iPhone wallet which connects directly to the bitcoin network(first fully decentralized ios wallet) using Simplified Payment Verification(SPV) mode and doesn’t rely on any servers
- BRD is open source https://github.com/breadwallet
- Runs BIP0032 software BIP or (Bitcoin Improvement Proposal) which allows for enhanced security features by making the wallet hierarchically deterministic (HD
- No extra transaction fees or costs, send any amount of money to anyone in the world instantly
- ERC20 tokens supported! You can send, receive, and buy tokens in the app
- One button payments to bitcoin-accepting merchants and websites
- Pin Code feature and QR code support
- Simple recovery phrase enables you to recover funds when your device is lost or broken
- Supports Segwit addresses which are very good for reduction of transaction fees while transacting in BTC
The San Francisco based company started operating in 2012 eventually receiving regulatory approval from several financial organizations and being listed by Richtopia at number 2 in the list of 100 Most Influential Blockchain Organisation.
Coinbase also supports Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin and serves as an exchange, allowing you to buy bitcoin using fiat currencies. Some of its features:
- Supports Segwit enabled Bitcoin wallet address
- Remotely disable your phone’s access if it is lost or stolen
- Send bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, and litecoin via email, QR code
- Real-time and Historical Price charts for popular cryptocurrencies
- price alert notifications
- Bank-level security measure
5. Coinomi Wallet
Coinomi is a secure multi cryptocurrency wallet which supports over 110 altcoin which has been around since 2014 with Millions of Users. Coinomi is the First Multi-Asset SegWit-Enabled Wallet for Bitcoin, Altcoins and Tokens and comes with an Inbuilt cryptocurrency exchange powered by Spaceshift and Changelly. Key Security feature:
Recommended: Coinomi wallet review
- No KYC bureaucracy to access your funds, no IP association, no identity linking, no transactions tracking. Our servers anonymize your requests by hiding your IP from prying eyes.
- One-time Backup- Hierarchical Deterministic Wallet (BIP44) enables you to keep everything accessible and secure with just one super-passphrase which you only have to backup once and for all
- Your private keys never leave your device. Strong wallet encryption and cryptography guarantee that your funds will remain safe under your ultimate control.
CoinSpace HD Wallet is a free online HD bitcoin wallet, which you can use to make worldwide payments for free. CoinSpace free wallet makes paying with bitcoins easy and secure available anywhere on your phone (mobile) or desktop (web). It is quite secure, and you can be your own bank with this wallet.
- Supports Bitcoin,Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin
- Secure passphrase generation (your master private key), no one else can access your CoinSpace wallet.
- ERC20 and ERC223 tokens supported
- Each transaction generates a new address in the BIP32 tree, for maximum privacy
- QR Code supported
- Single-tap balance conversion into your chosen fiat currency
- Use the geo-location feature (Mecto) for transactions with nearby users. Mecto never displays your exact location on a map to other users. Instead, you simply appear on a list if the person searching for you is within the same area
7. Copay Bitcoin Wallet
Copay is a secure and open source HD‑multi-signature wallet by BitPay; a long-term operating and reputable bitcoin payment service provider. Copay allows users to easily manage multiple bitcoin wallets from a single app, and, thanks to the multi-signature feature, a team can manage the same wallet just like a joint account. The whole team approves each transaction, making it impossible for someone to run away with the money. So if you are planning to minimize your spending limit, go ahead and open a multi-signature bitcoin wallet account with your spouse. Give it a try and tell me how it goes. Copay other features:
- Supports Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- Multiple bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app
- Intuitive multi-signature security for personal or shared wallets
- Email and push notifications for payments and transfers
- Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud
- Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups
- Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
- Integration for buying Amazon gift cards.
- Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments
- Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
- Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets
- Support multiple languages
- QR code support
- Copay is free and open source software run on non-proprietary servers, so there’s no need to rely on any company for continuous support. Anyone can review or contribute to Copay’s source code on GitHub.
8. Jaxx ios wallet
Jaxx Blockchain Wallet is a multi-cryptocurrency wallet that lets you manage your digital currency on iPhone as well as on Android, Tablet, iPad, Windows, Mac, Linux and Google Chrome browser extension.
This wallet created by Ethereum co-founder Anthony Diiorio works with a large number of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin. It currently supports 77 coins on its ios application. Some of its awesome features:
- Single master seed backup (This will be the only seed you will ever need in the future for any new coin added)
- Pair Across Devices – Easily sync across devices (Mobile, Desktop, Extension) by scanning a pairing token or inputting seed
- Convert between BTC/ETH/ETC/REP/LTC with ShapeShift integration
- Generate custom amount QR code
- PIN feature for additional security.
- Support for Ethereum contracts, custom data and gas limits.
- Private Keys display
- Transferring funds from paper wallets, including encrypted paper wallets.
9. MyCellium Bitcoin Wallet
MyCelium wallet allows users to access their accounts using private keys. This unique feature sets this wallet apart from the rest. It works on BIT ID, an open protocol that allows secure authentication as opposed to the classical password authentication which is an insecure option. The basic function of Mycelium Bitcoin wallet is to receive or send bitcoins and complete your transactions with your finger-tips. This app is highly isolated which never let your private keys to leave your device unless you do. Rapidly gets connected to bitcoin network and gives updates every moment.
- 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them.
- No blockchain download, install and run in seconds.
- Hierarchical Deterministic
- Ultrafast connection to the Bitcoin network through our supernodes.
- Compatible with other bitcoin services through “bitcoin:” uri handling
- Open source. View code on Github
10. Hardware Wallet
The best and easiest way to securely store your cryptocurrencies is to use a good wallet where you own your private key. Hardware wallet still remains the most secure means of storing bitcoin and altcoin.
None of these wallet listed able has been proven to be 100% hackproof, but they are the best at present so your best choice will be to get a hardware wallet most especially if you would be storing a large amount of bitcoin. Ledger Nano S and Trezor still remains my favorite.
If you like this, then tweet it.Looking for a Bitcoin Wallet for iPhone, then check our top 10 Best Bitcoin Wallet for ios, iPhone and iPad in 2018 Click To Tweet